Anyone out there ever been on a diet? Or an exercise program? Or both? The hardest part is the first few pounds and the last few pounds.
A few years ago I had decided to lose some weight because realized I was getting bigger and bigger and before I burst, I had to do something. So I exercised, 3 days a week, then 4 days, then 5. I was feelin' goooood. This was when Jarrod was popular, so I was exercising and was eating Jarrod's almost everyday. It took about 6 months and I lost about 15 pounds. I was feelin reeeaal good. Clothes fit better, food tasted better, music sounded better, and I was feeling grrreeat.
After losing a few more pounds, I was actually slim. I was at a point where I was done losing weight. Now the next tough part, maintaining. As hard as it is to lose the weight, its as easy to put it back on. That part sucked. I love to eat, esp Thai food, Indian food, wings, fries, and most of the other things that are bad for you. I didn't want to give up the foods that I loved. So I indulged, but in moderation. Its not easy, but I had to do it. So things were still good. What sucks is that you always have to maintain. You can't stop, because it will bite you in the large ass that will start growing behind you.
All in all, I've done ok the past few years. Until!!! Until I got married last year. Gone are the days when I could just eat cereal for dinner or have Jarrods every other night. Now I have to eat real meals, real big and heavy meals. Turns out, this person that I live with, my hubby, also loves to eat. And he's the kind of guy that he'll eat whatever he feels like and won't gain weight like us girls. I hate him for that. And he puts all this delicious, yummy stuff in front of me, almost on purpose to tempt me. And I cannot always resist. So here I am, a few pounds heavier now. I'm not complaining about being overweight or anything. Its just that when you work so hard to get to a certain point, you don't want that to go to waste.
I don't know what it is, but my routine of exercise and eating healthier, just isn't cutting it anymore. My love handles and abs are growing and I want it to stop. As long as I want to stay fit, this will be an endless cycle.
No comments:
Post a Comment