Monday, December 21, 2009

Worth The Wait...

It'll happen. You'll meet the right guy. Whatever's meant to be will happen. I had heard these lines a gazillion times. I even said them to myself. And although deep down inside, I truly believed it, I still wondered at times if I was kidding myself.

I got married this past summer. I'm thirty-something right now. Before I met my husband, I'll have to say that I was happy with my life, but still, like most people, I wanted to find the guy I was meant to be with. I had tried it all. My family and friends had tried to set me up. Oh, how I just loved those blind dates. I went to social functions, networking events, speed dating (now that was torture). I had online profiles setup on just about every dating site out there . Heck I was so desperate once, I tried creating my own dating website just to see if I could meet someone. Well, ok, that wasn't the goal for my site, but it would've been a nice perk. I cannot count the number of guys I actually met or talked to in person or in cyberspace. Sure there were some really nice guys out there and then there were some that if given the choice, I would rather have spent that time listening to nails on a chalkboard.

The person I ended up marrying, I didn't meet at any of these places. I met him at work. The amazing thing is that I worked at this place for about 6 months and then was let go. In my heart I believe I got that job for one reason alone. To find him.

Looking back at all the experiences, I can say that it really taught me a lot of who I wanted to be with and who I didn't want to be with. If I hadn't met a lot of those guys, I don't think I would've truly appreciated the person I'm with now. He isn't someone I thought I would be with due to my own closed mindedness. But I heard something once that makes so much sense now. The reason we cannot find the Right guy is that we keep looking for the same Wrong guy. I'm very lucky my husband came into my life. He is everything that I could ever ask for and definitely worth the wait. For all those fairy tale stories you hear about, I'm living proof that it does exist. I found my prince and he is as charming as can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment