There are joys of motherhood and joys of fatherhood. There are so many joys that kids bring into this world. What I know best are the Joys of AuntHood. And oh how much joy there is.
I don't have kids of my own, but I feel like I do. I have so many nieces and nephews, ranging from 6 months old to teenagers. And each and every one of them have at one time in my life made me think, "WOW, how lucky am I to be their Aunt". Being an aunt to me is one of the best things about my life. Its the best job there is. I get to play with my kiddies whenever I want. I can take them out to the movies, buy them a happy meal, take them to the park and watch them run all over the place. I can be in the pool with them while they jump in and splash me with their giggles. I can feed their faces with mac and cheese, or read them their favorite bedtime stories. I even change their diapers if necessary. I call it bonding time. All this, and I still get to go home and have a good night's rest without being woken up by a crying little one. How sweet is that?
Any given day that I visit them, the kids will run up to me as if they haven't seen me in years. In their world, one week probably seems like one year. They love me with no strings attached. And thats the best part. So innocent and so amazingly beautiful. They have no idea, the smile that I bring to their faces is no match to the smile they bring to my heart.
No comments:
Post a Comment